Planning of the conversion of a listed industrial fallow into a two-stream secondary school in Lichtenau
Secondary School in Lichtenau
1. Building complex, consisting of a listed existing building and a new gym building.
2. Existing building ( former knit wear factory) becomes the school building :
- Masonry, constructed in two building sections 1908 and 1915
- The first section of 1908 was constructed with solid ceilings over the ground floor and the 1st floor. With the extension 1915 this area was raised by two floors with timber beam floors on steel girder and steel columns over the 2nd and 3rd floor.
- The second section was constructed around 1915. This is a masonry building with solid floors on joists and steel columns.
- All static proofs of all load-bearing construction elements must be made due to missing inventory documents on the basis of extensive material investigations
- Due to pest infestation extensive wood preservation-technical maintenance works are necessary. The roof framing is however sufficiently stable and can be obtained.
- Core removal of a section because of not adequate bearing capacity of the old substance
- Minimization of the rehabilitation work at the existing reinforced concrete structure.
- No old documents exist to the statics.
3. New qym building:
- New building of a one-field sports hall with equipment extension as a direct extension to the existing building.
- Reinforced concrete structure with clamped steel concrete columns, glue wood binders and steel trapezoidal profile metal sheet
- The reinforced concrete walls serve the horizontal reinforcement of the construction.
- The roof construction is designed as sheer panel, so that there is no need for bond fields.
- The equipment extension and the binder to the existing building will be build in solid construction.
The C&E Consulting and Engineering GmbH Chemnitz is certified according to DIN EN ISO 9001:2015.
Service phase 3-6 according HOAI §64
Service phase 1-5 according HOAI §§78, 81